The 4th Coming

Viewing All Posts For › Realmud

2-16-2015 Update

• 2-16-2015 Update

Greetings Realmudders!
    Along with today's scheduled server reboot to reset x2 xp back to the normal rate, there have also been some additional changes:
    All Ancient Land (4th island) monsters have been edited to bring them closer to in-line with the progression of the other islands. 
    Anyone who remembers how they were a couple of years ago, they're close to that again, but just a little tougher. ;)
    The following monsters were affected: HobGoblin, Skeleton Lord, Earthwraith Scout, Earthwraith Warlord, Earthwraith Shaman, Mystic Bee, Dread Wolf, Leak Demon, Shadow Seeker, Undead Slime, Sea Serpent, Gnome Necromancer, Brain Spider, Red Eyed Warg, HellFire Centaur, Possessed mummy, Shambeling mound, Pestilence priest
    Created: 16 February 2015 11:00 by Shinigami
  • heero

Why would you change this back? I thought the monsters were made stronger/more difficult to justify a increase in drop rate and xp. I think the dev caligan I think his name was, made them weak like this and was hated for killing the only viable option for free to play players to level.
    Created: 18 February 2015 21:40 by Heero
  • Have you...

Have you tried the changes for monster difficulty/xp rate/drop rate before complaining, or did you just jump right into complaining? ;)
    I did not "change them back", you seem to have misunderstood my post. Allow me to restate what I said.
    All Ancient Land (4th island) monsters have been edited to bring them closer to in-line with the progression of the other islands. 

So I did not change them back to what they were before...
     they're close to that again, but just a little tougher. 

I have recalculated the individual stats of each monster, recalculated the xp rate to fit the new stat settings, and recalculated the drop rates to accommodate the new stat settings. 
    With the way that the monsters were set, it was not a viable option to XP on the 4th island. I have been monitoring those areas for quite some time, even before I became HGM, and no one utilizes those areas for XP. Now, groups and individuals alike can use the 4th island for XP. 
    All I'm asking is that you try it before you shun me for the mistakes of past developers. 
    Thanks. :) 
    Created: 18 February 2015 22:42 by Shinigami
  • WTF

WTF Heero!? how dare you ask a question!
    Created: 19 February 2015 01:50 by DERP
  • As Always

Any questions, Feel free to ask us in game! Feedback always helps.
    Created: 22 February 2015 21:42 by darknessrmg
Please Log In or Sign Up to post.