5 days ago in: General
Hi, I CAN understand where you guys may be coming from. Keep in mind these few things ok?
1. The game is free. The old game is still there, plus some of the older 'new' stuff is free. So there is stuff for you to play.
2. The 'crazy' prices you mentioned are for a YEARS worth of VIP access, not a month etc. Also, I played years ago similar (different server) to you and came back and frankly imo VIP access, quests etc. are worth it.
3. The game has changed, there are alot of improvements that are FREE. Player and guild chests are a godsend (no more having tons of accounts JUST to hold stuff, also chest locations are well thought out and easy to use). Guild houses and guild wor (scrolls (not the in-game name) are a big help. Also, lower level spells up (free and from a npc in game) are a great plus, especially at lower level.
4. There have ALWAYS been people complaining about paying money to play this game. STOP IT, this game is still around, while the two servers I have played on went under. THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT. If you want to play.... PLAY. HOWEVER, I will NOT stand by while you act entitled and try to bad mouth people that have a system that works.
5. Lastely, the GM and other staff are helpful and nice. I had a few problems since I got on, they all helped me and fixed it quickly and TBH at least one of the times they could have very easily said 'you're SOL' (I bought the wrong thing on the ITEM store). They didn't say that I was SOL, they fixed the problem, even though the problem WASN'T an easy fix.
SO, long story short. if you want to play....... PLAY!! If not, go to on of the servers that closed down and complain there. Don't try to bag mouth the game to get what you want, we don't want to hear it. That type of tripe is not warranted and rude. This game, (the base game and a lot of the character and game playability improvements) are free, so enjoy it or leave. Whatever you do, stop bad mouthing people (I'm talking server owners and GM staff) that take this game seriously and really try to keep this game around and to improve it. After all, even with the 'unreasonable prices' I doubt they are bringing it alot of profit. They do it for the LOVE of the game.... so share the love, or leave. Those are your ONLY two choices.
To everyone else, come in have fun, kick off your shoes and stay a while (it is going to be a fun ride).
Just for full disclosure, I have spent money on the game, but I am NOT owner or staff. I am just a guy that enjoys the game.
Jason/ Holy Terror/ Karok (my old game name)
5 days ago in: General
buying a character (other than just for items etc.) has always seemed like a bad idea to me. essentially you are missing part of the fun of playing. However, look around in the forum, while I DON'T condone it, I HAVE seen adverts asking people to buy their character, etc.
6 days ago in: General
Hello everyone. My name is Jason, I am currently playing on the RM (RealMud) game server under the name 'Holy Terror'. My character used to be named 'Karok' and I used to play on the Alien and later the Kingdom Connection game servers (this was of course a while ago). While I was playing on those servers I created and released to the community an excel spreadsheet based Character Simulator.
Recently, I got back into playing T4c again, which led me into getting my old Character Simulator out of mothballs. Unfortunately the CD with my version of the Spreadsheet was unreadable. When I tried to download it from T4c Bible, the link to the file didn't work. So I am asking if anyone has a copy of my old Character Simulator. I am more than happy to update, correct etc. and then re-release the updated version so that everyone can benefit from it.
So please, if you have the original version etc. please let me know. I will give you my email so you can email it and I can correct, update etc. It would take a long time to create this from scratch, so I would REALLY appreciate it if you could let me know if the original/ modified (basically any) version was still around.
Thanks for your time and helpJason/ Karok/ Holy Terror
1 week ago in: Realmud
I have a few questions about the spell and extend gem consumable items in the RM Item Mall: Are they timed or Permanent? If they are temporary, how long will they be effective? 10 mins, 20 mins?
If they are permanent: I am assuming that when I re-seraph, they would be reset (meaning I would have to purchase them again.
Lastly, are they cumulative, since one adds 10 to my self-spells, will 2 add 20. If they are cumulative, is there a cap, meaning 5 spell timer extensions etc.
Thanks for your help.
1 week ago in: Realmud
I wanted to seraph my character, but when I tried to buy the 1X it wouldn't let me. I bought the re-seraph option and thought it worked, but I have a scroll and I am still not seraphed so that didn't work either.
What do I need to do to get my existing character seraphed 1X evil?
Is there a way or am I sol?
Thanks for your help either way.